4 Common SEO Mistakes and 5 Easy Tips
The world of SEO is complex and if you are not a veteran SEO, you might fall victim to some common SEO mistakes that a lot of new consultants commit. In addition to that there are 6 easy tips that you can implement to make your SEO strategy more comprehensive, easy to apply and long lasting for your website.
- The first common mistake that many SEOs commit is following every new trend in the field of SEO. The important thing to keep in mind is that an SEO strategy must be aligned with the basic business goals and must not be haphazard in terms of its content. All techniques that you are using in line with your SEO must comply with company policies and its vision. Only then you’d be able to create a perfectly aligned SEO strategy for your business.
- Second SEO mistake is building a website that has no value to it. Do not assume that just because your SEO plan is smart, you’ll automatically gain the top rankings. Work towards what makes your customers click so you can provide something of value to your customer.
- Third, work with other departments of your organization. Only by utilizing all available resources can you hope to build a comprehensive SEO plan. Therefore, be on alert of what other departments are working on that can be profitable for SEO, and advertise it an optimized way to gain online popularity.
- Finally, work on SEO tools that have already been proven successful. Do not waste your time in testing new techniques that may prove a waste of time and money. Remember; take risks that are worth taking.
- Build your website in a way that gives it its individual spin. Standing out from the crowd accomplishes half the SEO task. But do it in a way that lets visitors remember your website for all the good reasons.
- Second, the site structure and navigation must be easy and smooth. If information is spread on the website without any clear structure to it, it will lose against those websites that may not contain quality content but present what’s available in an attractive manner.
- Stay updated with Google’s webmasters tool. By subscribing to their emails, you can remain in touch with what’s new so you can implement it accordingly to your SEO plans.
- Create your content in a way that is relevant to the user. Of course, it must be optimized for search engines, but do not commit the SEO mistake of driving focus away from the user. So use keywords and other phrases in your content that mean something to the end-user.
- Always keep your site alive. Keep positing new blogs and articles. Being inactive is a grave SEO mistake. If you’re not active on your own website, it won’t give visitors much reason to stay interested in what your site has to offer, either.
Latest Articles by Adnan Mushtaq (see all)
- How to Fix Your Website through Smart SEO Tools - May 29, 2012
- Content-Based Resourceful Link Building Strategies - May 28, 2012
- Some Neat Internet Marketing Tips to Get You Started - May 25, 2012